Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Still waking up alive (all over the place)

I've just spent the last few days in the US visiting my grandfather, who is recovering from heart surgery. This meant four flights and a total of seven or eight thousand miles in six days. Traveling that far for such a short time would normally feel a bit extravagant, but not under the circumstances.

It was great to see my extended family again. I should point out here that although my parents and brother live here in the UK (like me), my sister and all my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins etc. all live in the US. I don't get to see them as often as I'd like but it's great when I do as they're an amazing bunch of people.

I flew back yesterday, and today I'm back at work. I'm feeling rather tired, but jet lag is a small price to pay for being able to see my family. Thank goodness for air travel!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home